Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First SINGLES Conference

Well I participated in my first singles event. My Montana children decided that it would be a good idea if I got out and met some folks in my own situation. So I went to a conference of singles and actually had a good time. I wasn't looking for a companion at all. I wanted some girl friends to share the event with. The first person I met however was a man. He was full of energy and enthusiasm. At first I was overcome by his aggressive nature. I ended up going with him and meeting a lot on new people sitting down at the tables. It was great actually. I would have never done it on my own but I appreciated him getting me to do it. We sat together and visited most of the evening.

He reminded me of my second ex. His personality, out going nature, and made up stories. He actually acted like a school boy, having fun. I guess that was OK, but it isn't what I'm looking for in a relationship. My main focus on this whole event and really what got me there in the first place was the idea that this was spiritual. And that it was. We had two invited speakers there and their comments were uplifting and rewarding. Not even about being single, but gospel oriented subjects that uplifted and built the soul. That I was grateful for.

I am grateful for the new friends I made. I hope I can take some courage to the next one if I ever go to another. I have prayed to the Lord that I won't go, that if someone is suppose to meet me, he better come and knock on my door. We will have to see, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment